Go Build Georgia High Demand Career Scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors entering a TCSG institution in a field of study leading to a high demand career in the skilled trades. These scholarships are made available by a collaborative effort of Go Build Georgia (GBG), the Go Build Georgia Foundation and the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG). Go Build Georgia High Demand Career Scholarships can be used to cover tuition, requisite fees and materials.
In order to qualify for a scholarship provided through the Go Build Georgia Foundation, an applicant must:
1. be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the state of Georgia;
2. be a graduating 2016 high school senior from a Georgia high school;
3. be admitted to or enrolled in a TCSG institution at the time of funding award in one of the following program areas that prepare the student for a career identified through the Governor’s High Demand Career Initiative and that falls within one of the GBG industries (manufacturing, telecommunications, energy, logistics, film or construction);
4. plan to enroll in a TCSG institution no later than Summer 2017;
5. demonstrate in an essay (500 words or less) how this scholarship will benefit the applicant and his/her future educational plans;
6. include a letter of recommendation from a high school instructor, counselor, administrator, or GBG industry partner;
7. provide a copy of the TCSG acceptance letter or class schedule; and,
8. be registered in the GBG website database,
9. include all required documentation must be included at the time of submission.
Scholarships will be awarded three times per year in spring, summer and fall. The deadlines for applications are as follows: June 15 (fall), November 15 (spring), March 15 (summer).
Selection & Award:
The Go Build Georgia Foundation will select and notify the scholarship recipient. The Go Build Georgia Foundation will also notify the TCSG institution of the award and will remit funds directly. Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of up to a maximum of $1,000 per student to be used within one academic year. The funds will be sent to the TCSG institution to be applied to the student’s account. Funds are to be used for tuition, books, requisite fees and/or program supplies. The number of scholarships awarded will be determined by available funding each fiscal year.